Tone Pumps for what! $$

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Tone Pumps for what! $$

Postby plan-x » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Barber web site offering TP for buck and half. What! I paid over 2 1/4. Man, see my avatar, that's how I feel. That's one heck of a deal!
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Re: Tone Pumps for what! $$

Postby bigal » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:03 pm

Looks like an amazing deal. I noticed that you also have an LTD in your arsenal. In what ways do you use the LTD vs the Tone Pump? Is there overlap or are they different beasts?
Tone Press, Gain Changer, Barb EQ[/color], VFE Alpha Dog
(MXR Chorus, Boss Tremolo, TC Flashback)
Guitars: American Standard Telecaster (Dimarzio Area T Hot/Area T Neck), Richmond Belmont, Godin LG Signature, PRS SE Soapbar II
Amps: Rivera Quiana (Weber Legacy); Clark Beaufort Spec. (Mojotone BV30H); Traynor Darkhorse (Eminence Ragin' Cajun)
bigal

Postby plan-x » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:43 am

I have 2 boards. So the LTDsr and Tone pump are my low gainers on 2 different boards. The Tone pump is on my smaller board for saving real estate. I actually don't know which one I prefer better. That speaks volumes of that darn Tone pump considering the LTDsr is modded. But alas, David helped me do a mod on the TP to get it there by adding a note shape trim. As far as I'm concerned, that's all she needed to plump up the pump. The Tone pump is a fantasic pedal, voiced very amp like.
Edit: I don't have the LTDv1mod anymore. sold it to finance another pedal. I only have use for one low gainer on each of my boards. So I'm going to remove it from my signature.
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Postby fullriotgear » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:11 am

plan-x wrote:...David helped me do a mod on the TP to get it there by adding a note shape trim. As far as I'm concerned, that's all she needed to plump up the pump.

I love my TPeq, but your mod really intrigues me as I also find a bit of the same need, can this still be done for mine also?
1/2 Gainer, Dirty Bomb, TonePump EQ, LTD Orig, Gainster, Keely Ultra DS-1, Keeley BD-1, GI Fuzz, Ibz TL5
fullriotgear

Return to Barber pedals