Revisiting pedals with new amps

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Revisiting pedals with new amps

Postby DreamTheaterRules » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:29 am

I played a Peavey Classic 30 for a few years and tried many pedals with it. One pedal that I always wanted but didn't bond with when I finally got it, was the Small Fry. I just couldn't get anything out of it that I loved, despite it's versatility. My classic 30 had JJs and an Emi Governor.

The classic 30 is long gone. Now I have an Egnater Rebel 20, and an Egnater Tweaker. My Launch Pad, Barb EQ (used mainly for my modded Valve Junior and High Octane) Dirty Bomb, LTD V2, and Tone Press all remain on my board and work great with anything I've used them with. Given the new amps, should I revisit the Small Fry? Anyone used one with a Rebel or Tweaker?
PRS 25th Anniversary Custom 22 LTD Semi Hollow, new PRS Custom24. PRS Custom 22, EBMM JP12, 50th Anniversary Am/Dlx Strat, Peavey Wolfgang, Ibanez JS 1000 + 79 Artist, Carvin Bolt T (Gibson, Taylor Acoustics)
PRS 2 Channel Custom 50, PRS 2 Channel H, Mesa Boogie Mark V25, Mesa TA 15, Mesa Mini Rectifier, Barber LP, LTDv2, CTP, Fulltone pedals.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=4876/singles
DreamTheaterRules

Re: Revisiting pedals with new amps

Postby plan-x » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:02 am

Nope, don't have those amps. And while I heartily recommend virtually any Barber pedal, I myself, am on my 2nd SF pedal. It wasn't until I loaded up on speaker cabs that the pedal came alive to me. I'm currently using a 2 amp, 4 cab rig. And the SF is getting most of the action. How is it that a pedal I once sold, is now my no.# 1 pedal? And I am not short on dirt pedals either. Speakers is the key. It just needed a bigger rig. Deeper & fuller. I too did not bond with it when I was just using a combo. IMHO/YMMV/my 2 cents.
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Return to Barber pedals