LTD Black with mod board recommended settings

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Re: LTD Black with mod board recommended settings

Postby plan-x » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:21 pm

The LTD sr mod pcb....Whew! That's one of the greatest all time pedals. I would think running the mids at 11:00-12:00 should approximate the silver. The stock sr setting is around 9:00ish. Leave the comps off. I find fipping the gain up makes it a little fatter FWIW. People seem to love the Silver. I don't know, never had one . Had the original and the sr. I'm wondering if a 1/2 gainer isn't better for getting that elusive silver tone? How abot a new thread, getting the silver tone with another pedal, how do you do it? :lol:
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Postby Keef Riffers » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:10 pm

Yeah tbh the YouTube clips of halfgainer sound pretty close to the silver sound that I remember. Great idea for a thread maybe! I plan on getting a half gainer ASAP as well as a silver as soon as one pops up. I have had plenty of barber stuff, tone pump, tone press, DD. I am no stranger to the barber magic!
telecaster w/fralin (7800~ish) pickups and Gibson SG fralin split-coil "twangmasters" -->stereo amps
left side- 70s silver face princeton with p12r jensen.
right side- 70s silver face vibro champ with p10r jensen.
Champ is run at volume of around 7 and front end of champ is goosed with an ibanez GE 9 equalizer. right now main princeton OD is skreddy skrewdriver set low. Lead is a landgraff MO'D clone.
Keef Riffers

Postby Keef Riffers » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:21 pm

http://www.barberelectronics.com/Mod%20PCB%20manual.doc found it! Over in the B Custom forum.
telecaster w/fralin (7800~ish) pickups and Gibson SG fralin split-coil "twangmasters" -->stereo amps
left side- 70s silver face princeton with p12r jensen.
right side- 70s silver face vibro champ with p10r jensen.
Champ is run at volume of around 7 and front end of champ is goosed with an ibanez GE 9 equalizer. right now main princeton OD is skreddy skrewdriver set low. Lead is a landgraff MO'D clone.
Keef Riffers

Previous

Return to Barber pedals