Tone Pump EQ & 1/2 Gainer Love....

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Tone Pump EQ & 1/2 Gainer Love....

Postby knights » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:02 pm

I have had a half gainer now for about 6 months and it is an incredible pedal. I really get a great grind out of all my amps using that pedal, it has far more gain than I thought . Anyway... due to my experience with that pedal and a Burn Unit years ago, I picked up a Tone Pump EQ hoping for a smoother tone, WOW. I play 3-6 gigs a month and on occasion the other guitarist and the bass player will comment on something they heard, both loved what they heard last gig and it was Tone Pump. Last gig I split time between the tone pump and 1/2 gainer and I believe they compliment each other very well. Tone Pump for that Mid thing which really makes things sing and the 1/2 gainer flat eq setting between the two and almost any amp I feel like I got it covered.
The reason I am posting is two fold, 1 to say thanks for those incredible pedals, your prices are great, your pedals are versatile, those internal trimmers are brilliant, BTW they really work and...
Reason 2, anyone who is reading this and does not have a Tone Pump EQ get one before they are gone! At $150.00 bucks you'd be hard pressed to get a pedal that does more.
Guitars: Gibson's
Amps: Reverend Hellhound w/ Cannabis Rex loaded 112 & 212 & Gibson GA15
Effects: Barber 1/2 Gainer, Hermida Dual Boost, Line 6 M13.
Band website: sookiejones.com
knights

Re: Tone Pump EQ & 1/2 Gainer Love....

Postby DreamTheaterRules » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 am

Dang! $149??? This is the one pedal I really haven't heard much so I don't know how it would fit into what I have. Need to check it out ASAP!
PRS 25th Anniversary Custom 22 LTD Semi Hollow, new PRS Custom24. PRS Custom 22, EBMM JP12, 50th Anniversary Am/Dlx Strat, Peavey Wolfgang, Ibanez JS 1000 + 79 Artist, Carvin Bolt T (Gibson, Taylor Acoustics)
PRS 2 Channel Custom 50, PRS 2 Channel H, Mesa Boogie Mark V25, Mesa TA 15, Mesa Mini Rectifier, Barber LP, LTDv2, CTP, Fulltone pedals.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=4876/singles
DreamTheaterRules

Return to Barber pedals