Nicely Done 1/2 Gainer Demo...

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Nicely Done 1/2 Gainer Demo...

Postby knights » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:39 pm

Incredible what that pedal can do with Ringmod's hands & a Les Paul. Great pedal great demo! Really highlights the power of 1/2 gainer's mid knob.

http://www.youtube.com/user/roknfnrol#p/a/u/1/88sGnAUYZYc
Guitars: Gibson's
Amps: Reverend Hellhound w/ Cannabis Rex loaded 112 & 212 & Gibson GA15
Effects: Barber 1/2 Gainer, Hermida Dual Boost, Line 6 M13.
Band website: sookiejones.com
knights

Re: Nicely Done 1/2 Gainer Demo...

Postby hobbyist789 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Great demo video! I especially like the cool sustaining feedback at the higher gain settings on the upper channel! I'm using the -SR version right now, but it's cool to see how many colors of LTD are available in one pedal.

PS. That riff @1:15... remind me where I've heard that? (I know I should know this.)
Have or have owned:
B-buff|Launch Pad|Tone Press|Compact Tone Press|LTD|LTD-SR|Gain Changer|Gain Changer SR|DD-LG Mod PCB|Small Fry|unLimiTeD|Direct Drive|Compact Direct Drive|Super Sport|B.U.S.S.|Dirty Bomb|Trifecta|Exacta
hobbyist789

Postby gonzo-x » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:17 am

nice stuff!

so, how is the 1/2 gainer, different than, say, a dual discrete?
it's basically 2 LTD's in series, correct?
Barber Katrina Relief DDSS, Barber Tone press, Carvin DC200K, Williams Special, USACG strat, '81 Mesa Boogie Mark IIb head, Avatar vintage cab w/Heritage g12h, Yamaha DG Stomp, asstd. other pedals
gonzo-x

Postby hobbyist789 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:38 pm

gonzo-x wrote:so, how is the 1/2 gainer, different than, say, a dual discrete?
it's basically 2 LTD's in series, correct?

Dual Discretes are like having two completely separate pedals, one sitting in front of the other (in series), in one box. Either side can be on/off independently of the other--and they can be different overdrive circuits, like a DD with an LTD, or two DD's, or whatever.

The 1/2 Gainer is a "dual-channel" LTD that will operate only one or the other channel, but not both at once. It lets you have two different gain/levels of LTD overdrive at the ready, while still having the same character (ie. tone & mids) on both channels. The added bonus of adjusting the "mids" on the 1/2 Gainer (variable -SR thru -Std. flavors) is something you can't do on a singular LTD pedal; but again, both "channels" will be set by that one knob.
Have or have owned:
B-buff|Launch Pad|Tone Press|Compact Tone Press|LTD|LTD-SR|Gain Changer|Gain Changer SR|DD-LG Mod PCB|Small Fry|unLimiTeD|Direct Drive|Compact Direct Drive|Super Sport|B.U.S.S.|Dirty Bomb|Trifecta|Exacta
hobbyist789

Postby ringmod » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:38 pm

Awesome, thanks for watching my demo(s)! unLimiTeD on the way!
ringmod

Return to Barber pedals