LTD PCB

Discuss standard production effect pedals

LTD PCB

Postby LittleLarryG » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Hello people:

Anyone have this specific pedal? I just ordered this and any info on settings, sounds or experiences would be welcomed.

Thanks
Gibson ES-359 Custon----> Blackface Korg Tuner>Barber LTD PCB>Malekko Phaser>Catlinbread Valcoder>Malekko Chicklet>Creation Audio Labs Mk.4.23---->5F4 Tweed (Goldlion Kt66, Jan-Phillips 5771 w/ 2-10" Alnico Jensons)

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Little+Larry+G
LittleLarryG

Re: LTD PCB

Postby plan-x » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:28 am

You gotta be a tweaker to really get the most out of it. I'd spend an hour or so with the back off, then a month or so later do it again.

The least of the tweaks (IMO) is the fizz filter. I never really used it that much. It's for vintage (style) speakers at room volumes. The most rewarding (again, IMO) are the Gain dip switch, mid trim, and note shape trim. The compression dips are helpful to move toward or away from dynamics, ceiling, touch sensitive, etc.

I had a V1. Pretty much thought it was the greatest pedal until I started buying more Barber's. It's a disease I tell ya.

What I liked to do was leave the gain dip on for higher gain so it was available from the drive knob. It will get into some really sweet mid gain crunch. I would dial the mids to match my amps tone which was usually around 9-10:00. And on an occasion go a notch up or down depending on my desires. The note shape can give some great warmth fattening up not only the lower strings, but all the strings. Print out the manual and have it ready to read each time you take the back off and make live adjustments. Your gonna be impressed with the sound variants.
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Postby LittleLarryG » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am

Plan-X:
Thanks for the information. I have to admit, I was and am, bit intimitdated by the amount of features of this pedal. I tend to be just a plug and play type. However in listening to the audio files and realizing no two players have the exact same gear or for that matter, technique and playing style, I figured if one really really wants to "Tone Hunt"; then it may just be worth the effort to tweak, experiment, etc.....I figure if I can build amps from scratch, I should be able to "deal" with all these variables; and in the end, it should be well worth it. I have heard so many raves about Davids design, work and products, I figured what the heck....I tend to keep stuff and stay with them: still doesnt explain why 11 gtrs and 5 amps later,I say I stick with something :lol: .....I suppose when it comes to EFx pedals, I just dont need a graveyard of toy's....from everything You have said + others reviews, this pedal, once dialed in, will be a permanent fixtute on my board.....Pic's, a MP3's to follow.

Thanks again,
Gibson ES-359 Custon----> Blackface Korg Tuner>Barber LTD PCB>Malekko Phaser>Catlinbread Valcoder>Malekko Chicklet>Creation Audio Labs Mk.4.23---->5F4 Tweed (Goldlion Kt66, Jan-Phillips 5771 w/ 2-10" Alnico Jensons)

http://www.ilike.com/artist/Little+Larry+G
LittleLarryG

Postby hamerman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Dave talked me through some settings with my Black LTD. If you look under the threads you should find it. I was looking for a particular sound, but as you will see from Dave's comments, the control settings can get you a lot of places.
Fender Strat Plus with Lindy Fralin and Duncan JB pickups, Hamer Special and Special FM; Egnater Tweaker, Blackface Fender Princetons and Bassman; Barber Dual UnLimiTed; DD w/mod board, LTD Silver and SR, Dual Direct Drive, Small Fry, Dirty Bomb, Tone Press, CDD and GC; MXR Phasers and Flanger; Strymon El Capistan Delay, Corona Chorus, Vortex Flanger, Strymon Lex.
hamerman

Return to Barber pedals