So everyone has had thier UnLiMiTeD for a while...

Discuss standard production effect pedals

So everyone has had thier UnLiMiTeD for a while...

Postby Sonnyblu42 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:13 pm

So.... do tell... How are you diggin' it? I have one coming... but I must quench my curiosity some how until I have it in my paws! lol

I run a 1/2 Gainer and a OCD... looking forward to replacing the OCD with the UnLiMiTeD.

Just anything.... where does it take you?

Barber Half Gainer, LTD SR, Dual Unlimited, Small Fry, incredible!

Marshall JTM45, Marshall 50 watt Plexi, PRS DGT
WGS Green Beret, Invader and Retro 30 spkrs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxeFob2g0lw
Sonnyblu42

Re: So everyone has had thier UnLiMiTeD for a while...

Postby hobbyist789 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:48 pm

The unLimiTeD and the OCD definitely compete on the same turf; but replacing your OCD (as you suggested) with the unLimiTeD will keep you on a more consistent EQ curve from lower drive (1/2 Gainer) to higher drive (unLimiTeD) pedals.

As for what I think about the unLimiTeD--I stand by my earlier assertion that the unLimiTeD is like pulling out the tone knob (if it were possible, a la Direct Drive) on an LTD SR for even more sonic onslaught. Also, the unLimiTeD can do at roughly 1:30-ish on the "gain" knob what my LTD SR can acheive maxed out at 5:00.
Have or have owned:
B-buff|Launch Pad|Tone Press|Compact Tone Press|LTD|LTD-SR|Gain Changer|Gain Changer SR|DD-LG Mod PCB|Small Fry|unLimiTeD|Direct Drive|Compact Direct Drive|Super Sport|B.U.S.S.|Dirty Bomb|Trifecta|Exacta
hobbyist789

Postby plan-x » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:11 pm

hobbyist789 wrote:The unLimiTeD and the OCD definitely compete on the same turf; but replacing your OCD (as you suggested) with the unLimiTeD will keep you on a more consistent EQ curve from lower drive (1/2 Gainer) to higher drive (unLimiTeD) pedals.

As for what I think about the unLimiTeD--I stand by my earlier assertion that the unLimiTeD is like pulling out the tone knob (if it were possible, a la Direct Drive) on an LTD SR for even more sonic onslaught. Also, the unLimiTeD can do at roughly 1:30-ish on the "gain" knob what my LTD SR can acheive maxed out at 5:00.

Nice description! I had an OCD v3. The unLimiTeD is more raw, less compressed, and has that "Barber" frequency response we know and love.
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Postby Sonnyblu42 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 am

Right... I can see that, like something I would like to dig my humbuckers into...
Like the Small Fry where you can squeeze the notes out, ala (Robben Ford/Dumble)

The OCD might still be better for getting the overall Robin Trower thingy with a Strat?
Barber Half Gainer, LTD SR, Dual Unlimited, Small Fry, incredible!

Marshall JTM45, Marshall 50 watt Plexi, PRS DGT
WGS Green Beret, Invader and Retro 30 spkrs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxeFob2g0lw
Sonnyblu42

Postby rhoydotp » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:38 am

the unlimited has become an extension of my 1/2 Gainer ... great combo for my setup!
2008 AmStd Telecaster * 2001 Les Paul Studio * Godin Radiator
1/2 Gainer * unLimiTeD * Direct Drive
Traynor YCV40WR * Dr Z Maz Jr NR
rhoydotp

Return to Barber pedals