New twist for the bomb

Discuss standard production effect pedals

New twist for the bomb

Postby plan-x » Thu May 19, 2011 3:39 pm

:idea: The light bulb just went on in my head. Dangerous! Anyway, I have found myself dialing down the gain for the Dirty bomb on an occasion or two just because of the pedals voicing and EQ were the right stuff at the time, but not reaching low enough gain levels to get the sound in my head :roll: . Well...if anyone didn't see this idea coming here it is. The Low gain Bomb. :o
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Re: New twist for the bomb

Postby Jules-RM » Sat May 21, 2011 3:48 am

I keep mine with the gain at around 8:30 or so.

I did a little shoot out between it and the Suhr Riot - the only difference was the DB sounds a little fuller, more bottom end.
Jules-RM

Postby whojamfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:06 am

The bottom is really the closer on this great pedal. Once you get it tuned, it really makes the other high gain pedals go home with their heads down.
"WE MAKE NOISE, IT'S OUR CHOICE IT'S WHAT WE WANNA DO"

Electric Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gretsch 6118 Tenessee Rose Chet Atkins, Rickenbacker 360/12 FGVP, Fender Standard Stratocaster
Amps: 1975 Hiwatt DR504 half stack, Vox AC30, Vox AC15
Pedals: B-Custom SS Overdrive, Dirtybomb, EP-Pre Boost, MXR Carbon Copy, Janglebox
whojamfan

Postby bigal » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:34 pm

I love the grittiness of the DB- completely agree that a lower gain version could be great. With a lower gain version, maybe some way to dial in some more mids using the toggle would be cool. The DB is a really cool pedal- incredible clarity even though it has all that grit.
Tone Press, Gain Changer, Barb EQ[/color], VFE Alpha Dog
(MXR Chorus, Boss Tremolo, TC Flashback)
Guitars: American Standard Telecaster (Dimarzio Area T Hot/Area T Neck), Richmond Belmont, Godin LG Signature, PRS SE Soapbar II
Amps: Rivera Quiana (Weber Legacy); Clark Beaufort Spec. (Mojotone BV30H); Traynor Darkhorse (Eminence Ragin' Cajun)
bigal

Return to Barber pedals