Help me choose

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Help me choose

Postby Johnny Alien » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:53 am

So I am going to getting a new Barber and I am having a hard time deciding. My absolute favorite is the direct drive and I use it pretty much all the time. I have tried other pedals but usually end up back with the DD. I had an Unlimited but ended up getting rid of it. At this point I can't really remember why but I did. So my choices are between either A. The Gain Changer or B. The new Direct Drive.

I figured that loving the DD the new one would obviously fit well with me but the Gain Changer might give me some of what I love about the DD and extra. Thoughts? Obviously I am not in a huge rush as these are either unavailable or not in stock.
Guitars: Musicman Axis Sport MM90, Musicman Axis Sport HH
Amps: Silverface Fender Champ, Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Effects: Barber Direct Drive, Barber UnLimiTeD, RAT, PC Timmy
Johnny Alien

Re: Help me choose

Postby ericjeffcoat » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:56 pm

I kinda went thru this recently as well. I sold my DD SS in anticipation of getting a new DD. in the meantime, I tried a dual UNLTD. It was nice, but not what I was looking for. I have a Silver LTD that I love, but for higher gain, the DD is my preference. If you're the same, wait! I am, I keep forgetting to check the site. I hope I don't miss it! I want one of the 1st batch.
Les Paul trad or Fender Tele
Dr Z Carmen Ghia w/UK Celestion Greenback
Pedals - Silver LTD, Wampler Paisely, Xotic EP, Diamond ML Jr, MXR Carbon Copy, TC HoF
Barber pedals owned (and loved!) - DDSS, Tone Pump, Trifecta, Dirty Bomb

Clips - http://www.ericjeffcoatband.com
Songs available on iTunes, CD Baby, and Reverb Nation
ericjeffcoat

Return to Barber pedals