Exacta

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Exacta

Postby Properpat » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:17 am

I've had a few days now to get acquainted with my new Exacta and I must say I'm rather enamored with it. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of fuzz pedals in general, but there's a wonderful ... usefulness, for lack of a better term, to the voicing of this pedal. It's very articulate and adjustable. It can be as controlled or crazy as you'd like. The tone knob is particularly useful as it not only adjusts the bass and treble frequencies from left to right in the sweep, but it also manipulates the midrange a bit as well. I could probably write several very poorly crafted paragraphs describing all the sounds that can be had from the little purple box, but I'll keep it down to my favorite setting. I have both toggle switches facing outward (the left toggle switch is all the way to the left for the 'thick mids' setting and the right toggle switch is all the way to the right in a 'tight bridge humbucker' setting). It's already inspired me to compose nearly a whole song and several great riffs.
Alder bodied, maple/pau ferro necked parts-caster with one Seymour Duncan Griffin (my name choice; Custom slug coil with a Pegasus screw coil and a roughcast and unoriented A5 magnet).
Properpat

Return to Barber pedals