Barb E.Q. In Loop?

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Barb E.Q. In Loop?

Postby voojo » Fri May 22, 2009 10:21 pm

Has anybody tried the Barb E.Q. in the loop of an amp? I'm thinking this would work pretty swell! I currently have an amp on order that has an effects loop (parallel, with adjustable send & blend amounts, tube driven.) I still have a few months wait :cry: , but would love to hear of anybody's experience with this?

The amp I'm getting is somewhat JTM 45 inspired, slightly dark & that level of gain. The loop is footswitchable in and out of the circuit, I was thinking you could blackface up the sound quite a bit with the Barb E.Q. in the loop.

What sayeth you folks? Thanks!

-Seth
voojo

Re: Barb E.Q. In Loop?

Postby mjcyates » Sat May 23, 2009 9:11 am

Well I don't know how it works in a loop but it works great in front of the amp. It will certainly give your new amp a blackface flavor. I have mine on all the time and love it.
Musicman Silhouette, Reverend Warhawk, Fender Telecaster ('78), Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with Texas Heat, Blackheart Little Giant combo
Barber Tone Press, Barber Direct Drive, Barber Dirty Bomb, Barber LTD v1, Barber Barb EQ, Barber Tone Pump EQ, Garagetone Drivetrain, Nova Repeater, Ernie Ball Vp Jr., Korg Pitchblack
mjcyates

Postby voojo » Sat May 23, 2009 10:21 am

Oh yeah, I have the Barb E.Q. and I agree, it works great. I really don't have any doubts that it won't work great in a loop, a lot of guys use E.Q. in the loop. I just think of the Barb E.Q. as a less traditional E.Q. Also while the Barb E.Q. is marketed as working great in front of amps with no tone controls or a single tone control, I used mine quite successfully in front of amps with full E.Q. I basically always used the blackface setting.

Thanks!

mjcyates wrote:Well I don't know how it works in a loop but it works great in front of the amp. It will certainly give your new amp a blackface flavor. I have mine on all the time and love it.
voojo

Postby voojo » Thu May 28, 2009 11:53 am

Looks like I'll just have to try this myself! Stay tuned in July!

;)
voojo

Postby DreamTheaterRules » Thu May 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Sorry. I've had mine for two years but never tried it in the loop.
DreamTheaterRules

Return to Barber pedals