Opamp Help!

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Opamp Help!

Postby CalebT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:39 pm

I own the Burn Unit EQ, Custom Cool, Direct Drive (Mod Board), Dirty Bomb and Small Fry and would like to experiment with different opamps. I'd appreciate it if anyone could list down the opamps they've tried, which pedal they've used them in, as well as what tonal variations they achieved from the swap. I'm a total greenhorn with regard to electronics, and decided to check this out after an engineer friend of mine told me that Texas Instruments gives free samples :)

In case anyone is wondering, I use a Strat/Tele/LP into the abovementioned Barber pedals (though not all at once) and a Vox AC4TV Combo. At the moment, I'm happy with all the pedals, but would like to dial out the 'airy' nature of the Direct Drive and manifest an AC/DC-esque character if possible.

Thanks in advance :)
Guitars Fender Baja Telecaster, Edwards E-LP-98LTS, PRS SE SH Soapbar, Fernandes Retrorocket
Effects Barber Pedals (Custom Cool, Burn Unit, Small Fry, Dirty Bomb, Direct Drive Mod Board, Barb EQ, Tone Press), TC Nova System, Toneczar Openhaus, and many others.
Amp Vox AC4TV Combo
CalebT

Return to Barber pedals