Burn Unit EQ - Got to be the most overlooked Barber treasure

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Burn Unit EQ - Got to be the most overlooked Barber treasure

Postby benlevy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:15 pm

I have a Tone Press, and an LTDsr, both are awesome. I've used a DD before and it's great too. For some reason though, the BUEQ is always on my board. It's got great tone. The whole sweep of the Burn (gain) is usable. It does sweet bluesy-rock tones, and does great higher gain rock tones too. The two channels are SO convenient. I have a boost pedal, but the second channel of the BUEQ is still used all the time, especially going from clean to gained-up-and-boosted lead tones. Sometimes I forget just how much I use this pedal....all the time, for five+ years now. I play cheesy cover rock with one band, and more corporate dance stuff with another. This pedal gets a LOT of use. Very versitile, easy to use, great features. Put one on your list to try!
Godin LGX, 83 Explorer, 66 firebird, other junk axes
Barber pedals: TP, BUEQ, LTDsr Other: who cares?
66 Bassman head -> Bogner OS212 cab; Crate V32 head -> Egnater 212 convertable cab
http://openroadrocks.com
benlevy

Re: Burn Unit EQ - Got to be the most overlooked Barber treasure

Postby bogtrogador » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:17 pm

I love the Burn Unit EQ! I will have to say it seems like the Tone Pump EQ is the most overlooked Barber pedal IMO. I have tried so many drive pedals and this is the best two channel OD I have ever played! Im still waiting on the Dual Ltd! That will be my new favorite two channel OD.
bogtrogador

Return to Barber pedals