B-Buff in a Box

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Re: B-Buff in a Box

Postby mjcyates » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:21 pm

It's teflon coated solid wire. I got it from tedweber.com

Thanks! I'll have to order some.
Musicman Silhouette, Reverend Warhawk, Fender Telecaster ('78), Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with Texas Heat, Blackheart Little Giant combo
Barber Tone Press, Barber Direct Drive, Barber Dirty Bomb, Barber LTD v1, Barber Barb EQ, Barber Tone Pump EQ, Garagetone Drivetrain, Nova Repeater, Ernie Ball Vp Jr., Korg Pitchblack
mjcyates

Postby drmathprog » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Do you prefer the buffer at the font of your pedal chain or at the end?
drmathprog

Postby mjcyates » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:22 pm

I have mine at the end of the chain.
Musicman Silhouette, Reverend Warhawk, Fender Telecaster ('78), Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with Texas Heat, Blackheart Little Giant combo
Barber Tone Press, Barber Direct Drive, Barber Dirty Bomb, Barber LTD v1, Barber Barb EQ, Barber Tone Pump EQ, Garagetone Drivetrain, Nova Repeater, Ernie Ball Vp Jr., Korg Pitchblack
mjcyates

Postby RussB » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:49 pm

I have a Wampler buffer first in the chain, and the B-Buff last. That "amp cookin' thing is pretty cool

Snow White Auto Wah > Tone Press > Octron > CC Hybrid > Aqua-Vibe > B-Buff > Dirty Bomb > Timmy v2 > Turbo Tuner > Carbon Copy > Quantum Leap > Flint - - -18 Watt TMB - - - JCM 800 - - - Single Recto
RussB

Postby drmathprog » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:23 am

I don't understand the fine points of buffers, but wouldn't the B-Buff do just as well at the start of the effects chain as the Wampler, assuming you set the B-Buff to unity gain instead of a boost?
drmathprog

Postby Jules-RM » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Neat. I might be interested in a stand alone buffer in a box as well. Right now I'm using the new orange MI Audio Boost n Buff near the top of my chain. I don't really use the volume booster as much as I thought - yet. Having one of these that you can mount underneath a PT Pro pedal board would come in really handy.
Jules-RM

Postby RussB » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:44 pm

I'm a n00b with the whole pedalboard thing. That said, I adjust the B-Buff depending on what amp I'm using, and how loud it's set. I find myself "cooking" the Vibroclone more thatn the Marshall clones.

I actually may re-house the B-Buff (or just get another) and have an external knob to adjust the level

Snow White Auto Wah > Tone Press > Octron > CC Hybrid > Aqua-Vibe > B-Buff > Dirty Bomb > Timmy v2 > Turbo Tuner > Carbon Copy > Quantum Leap > Flint - - -18 Watt TMB - - - JCM 800 - - - Single Recto
RussB

Postby v2 saatana » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Nice work. are there some basic instructions or pics of the build process somewhere? I think this might be my next project....
v2 saatana

Postby rawd » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:08 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm a total newby to this,
and would like to build the B-Buff circuit into an enclosure,
with a 9 volt jack, input/output jacks, and maybe a pot/knob on the
outside of the box to replace the one on the board, and LED.

So, what I really need is instructions for doing this project.

I've seen examples of this on a couple of discussion forums,
but no instructions that a newby could follow?

So, just wondering if any instructions are available?

When you purchase a B-Buff does it come with any instructions?

Are any connections marked on the board itself?

Please email me directly if you like. :D

Thanks again for your help.

= Rawd =
rawd

Postby RussB » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:45 pm

If you order a B-Buff from David, it comes with a sheet that tells you which wire does what.

I built mine from looking at the pictures, and then posted more pictures to help out anyone else that might want to put one together. Sorry, but there are no "paint by numbers" instructions that I'm aware of

RussB

PreviousNext

Return to Barber pedals