Dirty Bomb!

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Re: Dirty Bomb!

Postby jelloman » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:43 pm

Dave,

Just recieved my Dirty Bomb...

...WOW!...
Unbelievable clarity, all the way through the most extreme settings...absolutely stunning range in the tone controls...the internal bottom trim pot is very appreciated...

Congratulations! You have achieved better-than-boutique results at fair market pricing...I salute you SIR!
jelloman

Postby JaydeeSG » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:59 pm

I'm getting one of these next week from a local dealer. I have an Orange Tiny Terror and Orange Rockerverb. I intend to use this pedal to drive my TT mostly. Has anyone used these with Orange amps?

How do they work driving an already "slightly" gainy amp??

Thanks!
JaydeeSG

Postby Jules-RM » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:52 am

Got mine... now running three Barber Pedals: Half Gainer, Super Sport, and Dirty Bomb. With a Trifecta off board for recording purposes and my stock LTD SR waiting on the shelf. Can't bring myself to sell that one.

I was surprised that I ended up running the switch at mid hump since the mids knob on my Half Gainer is all the way counter clockwise and the mids trim pot on the SS is around 10 o'clock. Flat mids just wasn't doing it. I sort of wish it was a trimpot instead of a switch and could get some more mids out of it, but it sounds pretty good for bedroom/recording purposes.

I just need to get a regular band back together to try it out for real.

Anyone try it at 18v yet?
Jules-RM

Previous

Return to Barber pedals