B-Custom Super Sport

Discuss Custom Shop devices

Re: B-Custom Super Sport

Postby cayle_6 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 pm

I lost my Super Sport manual. Anyone have a soft copy of it?
* 2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE * Fernandes Telecaster
* Blackstar HT-20 Combo with Celestion V30
* CAE Wah | Bogner Ecstasy Blue | Barber Half Gainer | Analogman Comprossor *
cayle_6

Postby hamerman » Mon May 02, 2011 2:44 pm

I have the Direct Drive with mod board. How does the DDSS compare? Can the DD with mod board do the same thing as the DDSS, or are they different animals?
Fender Strat Plus with Lindy Fralin and Duncan JB pickups, Hamer Special and Special FM; Egnater Tweaker, Blackface Fender Princetons and Bassman; Barber Dual UnLimiTed; DD w/mod board, LTD Silver and SR, Dual Direct Drive, Small Fry, Dirty Bomb, Tone Press, CDD and GC; MXR Phasers and Flanger; Strymon El Capistan Delay, Corona Chorus, Vortex Flanger, Strymon Lex.
hamerman

Postby Ronni » Mon May 02, 2011 2:56 pm

hamerman wrote:I have the Direct Drive with mod board. How does the DDSS compare? Can the DD with mod board do the same thing as the DDSS, or are they different animals?

You pretty much got it covered plus some extra gain.
G&L Legacy Special, PRS SE soapbar II, beefed up PV Classic50 4X10, Barber pedals, Budda Wah , Line6 green/blue F/X.
Then a bunch of studio stuff.
Tunes: http://www.bigbangaudio.com//MP3/johnnylaw_tunes/JL_covers.html

http://www.barberelectronics.com

http://www.myspace.com/bigbangstudios
Ronni

Postby ringmod » Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 am

I bought a Super Sport a few weeks ago, that little bastard kicks ass! Before that I had a stock Direct Drive; but I must say the Super Sport is much better for my tastes. Ronni and David, you are the shit.
ringmod

Postby J.LaGrassa » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:32 am

ringmod wrote:I bought a Super Sport a few weeks ago, that little bastard kicks ass! Before that I had a stock Direct Drive; but I must say the Super Sport is much better for my tastes. Ronni and David, you are the shit.

Ronni has a great ear for dialing this pedal in, I havent even thought about tweaking the trims it sounds great right out of the box!
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Barber Gain Changer - Barber Compact Direct Drive - Boss DD3 Delay - Clean Boost
J.LaGrassa

Postby Ronni » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks.. I guess my ear is used to Ragin Cajun when dialing things in on this small amp I use.
It's like mixing music on small near field speakers.. If it sounds good on them it translates everywhere else.

Seems to work this way too.. If I dial something in on my test rig..it seems to still sound great on bigger or smaller rigs.
But really it's like my fav starting point. I may tweak in the studio while tracking.. sometimes I'll usually tweak amp first..then the pedal.

But 9 times out of 10 the stock setting works for most of the gtr's I track..
G&L Legacy Special, PRS SE soapbar II, beefed up PV Classic50 4X10, Barber pedals, Budda Wah , Line6 green/blue F/X.
Then a bunch of studio stuff.
Tunes: http://www.bigbangaudio.com//MP3/johnnylaw_tunes/JL_covers.html

http://www.barberelectronics.com

http://www.myspace.com/bigbangstudios
Ronni

Postby whojamfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:12 pm

This was my first Barber pedal-went to a place that had literally a bazillion pedals to try out. After countless boring midrange gargling TS clones, I plugged into this beauty and SHAZAM! Sorry Timmy, sorry Keeley, sorry boatload of 3rd grader painted boxes, the Super Sport ran you guys over. I loved playing the 300 dollar hipster of the week pedals and having this one still sound better, richer, clearer, be more touch responsive, and just plain look cooler. All this and a great price-yeah-I'm sold, not only on the product, but the company as well. Thanks guys 8-)

I own this, a Dirty Bomb, and will soon be getting a Trifecta!
"WE MAKE NOISE, IT'S OUR CHOICE IT'S WHAT WE WANNA DO"

Electric Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gretsch 6118 Tenessee Rose Chet Atkins, Rickenbacker 360/12 FGVP, Fender Standard Stratocaster
Amps: 1975 Hiwatt DR504 half stack, Vox AC30, Vox AC15
Pedals: B-Custom SS Overdrive, Dirtybomb, EP-Pre Boost, MXR Carbon Copy, Janglebox
whojamfan

Postby Supernova » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:09 pm

I've had the Super Sport for about 4 months now and last night I replaced my Keeley modded Maxon OD-808 with the SS for for my main overdrive booster. I use this position on my pedal board to boost my main low-gain drive (Custom Cool) for leads and some higher mid-heavy rhythm tones. I set the SS for the 808 Killer setting which I've found on another forum is quite popular with players. I went from the JRC4558 to the TL702 and then finally settled on the JRC4559 op-amp. I have the Note Shape at 9:00, Presence at 3:00 (higher than suggested setting) Bass at 9:00 , Harmonics at 8:00 and Mids at 2:30ish. Thick but more articulate and clearer than the Maxon it replaced.
GUITARS: Telecasters (single coil) - Rickenbacker 330 (2006) with standard hi-gains
PEDALBOARD: Wheels Of Fire wah->MXR Phase 90->Barber Super Sport->Analogman AstroTone->Barber Custom Cool->Diamond Comp->Flying Dragon boost->MXR Micro Flanger->MXR Analog Chorus->>TC Flashback->MXR CC->TC Hall Of Fame-> Pitchblack
AMPS: Fender Bassman '59 LTD Reissue, Fender 1968 Deluxe Reverb
Supernova

Postby matt6l6 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 pm

I bought this pedal a year ago after a long search to replace a much loved Fulltone OCD (v4). I've always loved that pedal, but it wasn't "exactly" what i was looking for. The search included the OCD V3, Fulldrive 2, OKKO Diablo, Wampler Plexidrive, and the two Danelectro Cool Cat drive pedals (which were actually not bad). I know pedals can sound different with different rigs (mine is a 1964 Fender Bassman) however, the Super Sport was really a slam dunk for me right out of the box. I run it at 18v and tweaked the internal pots to my liking and even when i A/B it with some of my other pedals a year later, there is still no comparison. I think the SS has landed a permanent spot on my board.
matt6l6

Postby J.LaGrassa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 am

matt6l6 wrote:I bought this pedal a year ago after a long search to replace a much loved Fulltone OCD (v4). I've always loved that pedal, but it wasn't "exactly" what i was looking for. The search included the OCD V3, Fulldrive 2, OKKO Diablo, Wampler Plexidrive, and the two Danelectro Cool Cat drive pedals (which were actually not bad). I know pedals can sound different with different rigs (mine is a 1964 Fender Bassman) however, the Super Sport was really a slam dunk for me right out of the box. I run it at 18v and tweaked the internal pots to my liking and even when i A/B it with some of my other pedals a year later, there is still no comparison. I think the SS has landed a permanent spot on my board.

I've tried many pedals and have always found there is something special about the Super Sport that the other pedals just dont have, definitely one of the best out there as well as one of my all time favorites!
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Barber Gain Changer - Barber Compact Direct Drive - Boss DD3 Delay - Clean Boost
J.LaGrassa

PreviousNext

Return to B-Custom