B-Custom Super Sport

Discuss Custom Shop devices

Re: B-Custom Super Sport

Postby Jules-RM » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm still tweaking the trim pots a bit trying to get the sound more the way I like it. I'm probably going to be experimenting with it more today, but I was wondering...

How would you set the "Note Shape" for a Strat? It's one of the newer american Deluxe ones with S1 switching. I have it set so the bridge and middle pickups are in series about 90% of the time - so It's a little bit more beefy than the usual Strat.
Jules-RM

Postby Jules-RM » Fri May 01, 2009 10:37 am

BTW I ended up turning the note shape all the way clockwise and turned the mids down to about 10-11 o'clock and it seems to still cut through nicely at practice.
Jules-RM

Postby J.LaGrassa » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:14 am

David Barber wrote:
Joe wrote:Wow, that is a nice looking cab J.!

Price seems better than most too. Did it come with the grill or did you do that yourself?

Are you gonna start making those interesting looking cabs again David? I think they were called Energy cabs, could be wrong.

Cabs and amps will come back when the economy says "uncle". :)

I love that stuff, but we are wild back ordered on pedals at the moment, so we build pedals and smile... :D .....cept for Ronni. :x

Hey Dave, ever consider making a combo that it is totally dedicated to using pedals for all its drive? Visual Sound had there Workhorse amps made specifically for that purpose but they are already disconinued!
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Barber Gain Changer - Barber Compact Direct Drive - Boss DD3 Delay - Clean Boost
J.LaGrassa

Postby Ronni » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:54 am

Set it where it sounds best to you. But when I set them before they leave I'm using a G&L strat with a JB jr in it.. Some times a PRS SE with P90.
Ronni

Postby David Barber » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 pm

J.LaGrassa wrote:
David Barber wrote:
Joe wrote:Wow, that is a nice looking cab J.!

Price seems better than most too. Did it come with the grill or did you do that yourself?

Are you gonna start making those interesting looking cabs again David? I think they were called Energy cabs, could be wrong.

Cabs and amps will come back when the economy says "uncle". :)

I love that stuff, but we are wild back ordered on pedals at the moment, so we build pedals and smile... :D .....cept for Ronni. :x

Hey Dave, ever consider making a combo that it is totally dedicated to using pedals for all its drive? Visual Sound had there Workhorse amps made specifically for that purpose but they are already disconinued!

The Echelon was meant to handle pedals to the utmost, so been there done that in 2001. I will build some amps again in the future, i am waiting for the economic dust to clear. :)
PRS SE One, PRS SE EG, PRS McCarty rosewood neck, Anderson Hollow T, Anderson Hollow Classic, Hamer Artist, Fender Strats and Teles, All Barber Pedals, Barber Echelon, Barber Energy cab.
http://www.barberelectronics.com/sounds.html
http://www.barberelectronics.com/pickuptest.htm
http://www.barberelectronics.com
David Barber

Postby voojo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:11 pm

I've got a Super Sport en route from Pro Guitar Shop. Don't have much to add to the thread other than I'm looking forward to it. I love my Dirty Bomb, hoping the DD SS will cover my more vintage British tones.

Anybody play both the DD SS and Dirty Bomb, any comparisons?

Thanks!
voojo

Postby ringmod » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:02 am

David Barber wrote:The Echelon was meant to handle pedals to the utmost, so been there done that in 2001. I will build some amps again in the future, i am waiting for the economic dust to clear. :)

I play BFC's Echelon once when I was out in Montana. Holy sh1t it was the best amp I ever played. The speaker cab was pretty wild too. I think it's called the "energy" cab.
ringmod

Postby mjriley » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:36 pm

I bought the B_Custom SS earlier this week. I am absolutely floored by this pedal. I have tried about 10-15 overdrive and distortion pedals over the last year or so. I went into my local pro shop this past week and had them line up about 4-5 pedals. As soon as I fired up the SS, the search was over. I even tried several $200+ overdrives and they didn't even compare. I've been looking for a thick, rich overdrive with clear note definition and sustain and this pedal totally jumped out at me.

To David, Ronni and crew: Bravo! This pedal is incredible and has ended my search. Thanks you for such a great product and for keeping it as a reasonable price!

Mike Riley / Omaha, NE
Strats, Les Pauls, Barber pedal, Marshall JTM45 with 4x12 Greenbacks...Heaven
Last edited by mjriley on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Various Strats, Les Pauls and PRS guitars
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Budda Wah, Fulltone Fat Boost 3, Barber B Custom Super Sport, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall JTM45 Head, Marshall Slant Top 4x12 w/ Greenbacks
mjriley

Postby mjcyates » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:17 pm

thick, rich overdrive with clear note definition and sustain

I would say that is the perfect description of the Direct Drive!
Musicman Silhouette, Reverend Warhawk, Fender Telecaster ('78), Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with Texas Heat, Blackheart Little Giant combo
Barber Tone Press, Barber Direct Drive, Barber Dirty Bomb, Barber LTD v1, Barber Barb EQ, Barber Tone Pump EQ, Garagetone Drivetrain, Nova Repeater, Ernie Ball Vp Jr., Korg Pitchblack
mjcyates

Postby sternobob » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Does the new SS sound any different than the older version of the DDSS, the blue one without the racing stripes?
sternobob

PreviousNext

Return to B-Custom