Custom Cool

Discuss Custom Shop devices

Custom Cool

Postby ringmod » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:56 am

I picked up this pedal a couple days ago from my local guitar store; I gotta say it's pretty amazing. I love the tweakability of this thing, there are a ton of tones. Very cool and helpful especially considering my guitars - Les Paul and Tele. It sounds great with either guitar... I can set it as an uncompressed boost with my tele or I can kick the toggle to the left and turn the dynamics counter clockwise for singing sustain with the Les Paul. Highly recommended :mrgreen:

EDIT - here is a little vid I made : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xGhdsOf2Hw
ringmod

Re: Custom Cool

Postby Properpat » Wed May 18, 2011 3:30 pm

You're the reason I bought this pedal man! I'm having a blast with it! Recently I bought a handful of different IC's and started trying them out. Settled on a JRC4559D, adds a good deal of growl and a bit more gain to my ears. But folks should check out your demo, it's awesome!
Alder bodied, maple/pau ferro necked parts-caster with one Seymour Duncan Griffin (my name choice; Custom slug coil with a Pegasus screw coil and a roughcast and unoriented A5 magnet).
Properpat

Re: Custom Cool

Postby plan-x » Wed May 18, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm diggin on this pedal the most of all my Barbers right now. That pull out Barb EQ knob thing really fattens up the tone and gives me a really natural sound, Middle toggle also does the el natural tone to the bone. It stacks well also. What a pedal!
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Return to B-Custom