LTD SR factory trim pot positions

Discuss Custom Shop devices

LTD SR factory trim pot positions

Postby Jules-RM » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Was just wondering where the trims were originally. I had a SR I absolutely loved, but sold it when I got my Half Gainer. I was feeling nostalgic, so I bought a used one, but it doesn't sound quite right to my ears now.

Gut shots or o'clock positions would be fine.

Thanks!
Jules-RM

Re: LTD SR factory trim pot positions

Postby plan-x » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:23 pm

I think Ronni makes them in the custom shop and the trims are set by his ear individually by his little amp (I forget what kind he mentioned once), anyway, I've had a couple of them and 12:00 is a reasonable position, I had a new one once and it was set like 11:30 bass and 12:30 presence or vice versa. :?
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Re: LTD SR factory trim pot positions

Postby hamerman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 am

Thanks! I had some pretty radical settings suggested by Dave and wanted to have a reality check.
Fender Strat Plus with Lindy Fralin and Duncan JB pickups, Hamer Special and Special FM; Egnater Tweaker, Blackface Fender Princetons and Bassman; Barber Dual UnLimiTed; DD w/mod board, LTD Silver and SR, Dual Direct Drive, Small Fry, Dirty Bomb, Tone Press, CDD and GC; MXR Phasers and Flanger; Strymon El Capistan Delay, Corona Chorus, Vortex Flanger, Strymon Lex.
hamerman

Return to B-Custom