Mod board question

Discuss Custom Shop devices

Mod board question

Postby plan-x » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:31 am

I'm a little confused about the mod PCB instruction manuel saying, "Asymmetry 2 -This switch activates the lowest compression mode". Does that mean lowest for the pedal overall? Or lowest of the two asymmetry switches? Also, with both switches activated, will that get the highest compression mode out of the pedal?
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Re: Mod board question

Postby ringmod » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:45 am

I think switch #3 is the lowest compression overall, less compressed than stock. With both switches active maybe it is symmetrical (?). I think the most compressed setting is switch #2. Use your ears! :)
ringmod

Postby hobbyist789 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:22 am

While we're at it, can anybody provide a suggested "starting point" with the Mod board, which would perhaps emulate the parent-pedal as it were before the board?

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm sending in my DD-LG for a MOD PCB install and I'm wondering how to initially set the trims/switches on the board so that I can most closely start tweaking from where I was with the standard pedal. For instance: will Harmonics full CCW = tone pot pushed down, Harmonics full CW = tone pot pulled up? I'd guess that I'd put the fizz & gain switches to "0" or "off" too? Or maybe I should just wait for the User's Guide that comes with it...

* EDIT * I just found the following link after searching around Google and TGP's old threads. Looks like an older page that is no longer linked to, but still active on the Barber website. On the page is a link to download the manual in .doc format. I suppose this answers most of my questions, but if anybody has more to contribute (especially regarding the two push & pull harmonics settings), please chime in.

http://www.barberelectronics.com/custom ... _page.html
Have or have owned:
B-buff|Launch Pad|Tone Press|Compact Tone Press|LTD|LTD-SR|Gain Changer|Gain Changer SR|DD-LG Mod PCB|Small Fry|unLimiTeD|Direct Drive|Compact Direct Drive|Super Sport|B.U.S.S.|Dirty Bomb|Trifecta|Exacta
hobbyist789

Postby plan-x » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:40 pm

Push pull (harmonics) will be eliminated for an internal trim pot on the PCB mod.
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Postby hobbyist789 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:03 pm

plan-x wrote:Push pull (harmonics) will be eliminated for an internal trim pot on the PCB mod.

Yeah, I know--I was just wondering what "o'clock" settings on the new internal Harmonics trim-pot would equal the two former push-pull positions (up and down).
Have or have owned:
B-buff|Launch Pad|Tone Press|Compact Tone Press|LTD|LTD-SR|Gain Changer|Gain Changer SR|DD-LG Mod PCB|Small Fry|unLimiTeD|Direct Drive|Compact Direct Drive|Super Sport|B.U.S.S.|Dirty Bomb|Trifecta|Exacta
hobbyist789

Return to B-Custom