new song -- "Speak to Me" - DDSS, Tone Press

Post and discuss sound clips made with Barber pedals and amps.

new song -- "Speak to Me" - DDSS, Tone Press

Postby gonzo-x » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:54 pm

new song -- "Speak to Me"

a bit different than my usual stuff...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8434459

my demo of this song was done about 10 years ago, with just electric guitars and a drum machine.....

i went down to st augustine fl a while back- met with crispy, who worked in a studio down there.
we agreed to collab on a few projects.

my buddy 'crispy' took it, and applied the strange samples and looped groove to it...
i only had a MP3 of his demo backing tracks to work with it, alas, crispy disappeared....
so, i re-did the vox and guitars over the last couple of weeks, here it is!

128kbps mp3, for stream or download

or, if you want the higher 320k version, download it here:
http://rcpt.yousendit.com/786088436/b44 ... 3338816f6c

this song features extensive use of the Tone Press and Direct Drive SS, pushing an already driven 60 watt tube amp (boogie mark2b), the first half of the song is a miced Demeter iso cab, and the second half solo is direct with a Palmer Junction.
Barber Katrina Relief DDSS, Barber Tone press, Carvin DC200K, Williams Special, USACG strat, '81 Mesa Boogie Mark IIb head, Avatar vintage cab w/Heritage g12h, Yamaha DG Stomp, asstd. other pedals
gonzo-x

Re: new song -- "Speak to Me" - DDSS, Tone Press

Postby gonzo-x » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:15 pm

a newer version uploaded
Barber Katrina Relief DDSS, Barber Tone press, Carvin DC200K, Williams Special, USACG strat, '81 Mesa Boogie Mark IIb head, Avatar vintage cab w/Heritage g12h, Yamaha DG Stomp, asstd. other pedals
gonzo-x

Postby gonzo-x » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:12 pm

wow....... a bump....

has occurred.
gonzo-x

Postby Guitarbque » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:29 pm

gonzo-x wrote:new song -- "Speak to Me"

a bit different than my usual stuff...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8434459

my demo of this song was done about 10 years ago, with just electric guitars and a drum machine.....

i went down to st augustine fl a while back- met with crispy, who worked in a studio down there.
we agreed to collab on a few projects.

my buddy 'crispy' took it, and applied the strange samples and looped groove to it...
i only had a MP3 of his demo backing tracks to work with it, alas, crispy disappeared....
so, i re-did the vox and guitars over the last couple of weeks, here it is!

128kbps mp3, for stream or download

or, if you want the higher 320k version, download it here:
http://rcpt.yousendit.com/786088436/b44 ... 3338816f6c

this song features extensive use of the Tone Press and Direct Drive SS, pushing an already driven 60 watt tube amp (boogie mark2b), the first half of the song is a miced Demeter iso cab, and the second half solo is direct with a Palmer Junction.

Great song & great tone!!!
Barber Small Fry & DDSS (90's model), T.C. Poly Tune, Morrley A-B-Y, Malekko Omicron Phase, Vox Time machine delay, Delta Lap Chorus, BBE Boosta Grande (old version), Vox wah, Marshall Plexi 1987 x 50 watt head, Marshall 1936 2 x 12 cab, Marshall Class 5, Marshall 1 x 12 cabs, Mod Tele's and vintage Lap Steel's.
Guitarbque

Postby gonzo-x » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:58 am

thanks man

glad you dig it
gonzo-x

Return to Sounds of Barber