'Travel Song', features hard rock rhythms ala DDSS

Post and discuss sound clips made with Barber pedals and amps.

'Travel Song', features hard rock rhythms ala DDSS

Postby gonzo-x » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:02 pm

Did a brand new version of "The Travel Song" today....

http://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/travel-song-12-11-10

all the rhythms are clean'ish boogie crunch cleans, driven by the Barber Direct Drive SS.

bass is put thru Tone Press and DDSS, into a sansamp and split to a mesa boogie mark2b.
Barber Katrina Relief DDSS, Barber Tone press, Carvin DC200K, Williams Special, USACG strat, '81 Mesa Boogie Mark IIb head, Avatar vintage cab w/Heritage g12h, Yamaha DG Stomp, asstd. other pedals
gonzo-x

Re: 'Travel Song', features hard rock rhythms ala DDSS

Postby gonzo-x » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:08 pm

i get the impression that there aren't many hard rock fans here.....

is it mostly cleaner rigs, that want some edge, that make up the majority of listeners here?

i think the barber pedals are brilliant for that application....

but i've used almost every classic and most modern drive pedals, and i still revel in my ddss as being superior to most of the rest i've tried to date.
Barber Katrina Relief DDSS, Barber Tone press, Carvin DC200K, Williams Special, USACG strat, '81 Mesa Boogie Mark IIb head, Avatar vintage cab w/Heritage g12h, Yamaha DG Stomp, asstd. other pedals
gonzo-x

Postby cayle_6 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:12 pm

I like the tune! I do like Barber pedals that are ran through clean amps, or with very light break up. The DDSS and Dirty Bomb are perfect for that set-up.
* 2013 PRS Bernie Marsden SE * Fernandes Telecaster
* Blackstar HT-20 Combo with Celestion V30
* CAE Wah | Bogner Ecstasy Blue | Barber Half Gainer | Analogman Comprossor *
cayle_6

Postby DreamTheaterRules » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Gonz, definitely a hard rock fan here. (in case my screen name didn't give that away... ;) ) I just found this and can't get the link to work. Did you take it down? You know I always listen to, and enjoy your stuff. Hope you can put it back up if you did, or fix the link.
PRS 25th Anniversary Custom 22 LTD Semi Hollow, new PRS Custom24. PRS Custom 22, EBMM JP12, 50th Anniversary Am/Dlx Strat, Peavey Wolfgang, Ibanez JS 1000 + 79 Artist, Carvin Bolt T (Gibson, Taylor Acoustics)
PRS 2 Channel Custom 50, PRS 2 Channel H, Mesa Boogie Mark V25, Mesa TA 15, Mesa Mini Rectifier, Barber LP, LTDv2, CTP, Fulltone pedals.
http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=4876/singles
DreamTheaterRules

Postby gonzo-x » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:02 pm

cayle_6
thanks for checking it out....
i've recorded the DDSS thru the boogie on the clean channel...
but i was looking for a more saturated tone, like the one i got on this recording.
i cannot get that level of depth of mids, without having a bit of grind on the amp to start with.

but i don't care for purely driven amps to get to a high level of grind, it seems blurry to me.
that's why i like the mid level settings on the amp, to be pushed (and EQ'd) by the DDSS.

dream
sorry, i took it down, there just wasn't enough interest in it to leave it up.

i've re-mixed this twice now since i posted it, getting it ready for an album release.
gonzo-x

Return to Sounds of Barber