Where's the Tunes.....

Post and discuss sound clips made with Barber pedals and amps.

Re: Where's the Tunes.....

Postby plan-x » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:58 am

So....is all that saturated lead work on those tunes a Small fry? Cuz that is great testimony.
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Postby Guitarbque » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:43 pm

plan-x wrote:So....is all that saturated lead work on those tunes a Small fry? Cuz that is great testimony.

Well....No.....Not all....But MOST.

As much as I LOVE BARBER-

I have used other pedal/effect in the studio....but seem to always lean towards the live rig -guitar sound- even when recording. I'm a Tube guitar amp guy....so, I NEED it to sound that way in any given situation. I could use a Line 6 or something....and get kind-a-close.........BUT, not really right.
I'm a stickler in the studio.
I need 100% TRUE (gain) and to be right. Not just for my ear. But, my clients...demand it.....it NEEDS to be RIGHT!!!Barber - is it. It can't get any better,,,,in my eyes.
Clients are happy......makes me- HAPPY !!!
Thats a payday!!!
Really- think about it-

TONE comes from your fingers and your passion. If Eddie Van Halen - jammed on your rig....he'd sound like Eddie.

No matter what's in your set up (rig)
I'd have to say that Barber stuff....HELPS me sound true & GREAT.

Okay- I feel guilty....should I send bARBER SOME CASH?- lol

great stuff !!!!!!
Barber Small Fry & DDSS (90's model), T.C. Poly Tune, Morrley A-B-Y, Malekko Omicron Phase, Vox Time machine delay, Delta Lap Chorus, BBE Boosta Grande (old version), Vox wah, Marshall Plexi 1987 x 50 watt head, Marshall 1936 2 x 12 cab, Marshall Class 5, Marshall 1 x 12 cabs, Mod Tele's and vintage Lap Steel's.
Guitarbque

Postby Guitarbque » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:47 pm

plan-x wrote:So....is all that saturated lead work on those tunes a Small fry? Cuz that is great testimony.

Hey there.....PLAN -X -

I finally had a moment to listen to your music...on the link you posted.

Really nice tones....LOVE THE MESSAGE- and overall.....really cool Christian Rock music. I dig it bro !!!! Sweet !!!
Barber Small Fry & DDSS (90's model), T.C. Poly Tune, Morrley A-B-Y, Malekko Omicron Phase, Vox Time machine delay, Delta Lap Chorus, BBE Boosta Grande (old version), Vox wah, Marshall Plexi 1987 x 50 watt head, Marshall 1936 2 x 12 cab, Marshall Class 5, Marshall 1 x 12 cabs, Mod Tele's and vintage Lap Steel's.
Guitarbque

Postby plan-x » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Guitarbque wrote:

Hey there.....PLAN -X -

Really nice tones....LOVE THE MESSAGE- and overall.....really cool Christian Rock music. I dig it bro !!!! Sweet !!!
Thanks, unfortunately no Barbers in there. But...here's a short clip low gaining a Small fry. This was a spoof I pulled on my bass player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci7Z8Iiuvcc
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Postby Guitarbque » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:28 am

plan-x wrote:
Guitarbque wrote:

Hey there.....PLAN -X -

Thanks, unfortunately no Barbers in there. But...here's a short clip low gaining a Small fry. This was a spoof I pulled on my bass player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci7Z8Iiuvcc

Love it my friend. Great job!!! - (re:YouTube vid)
Guitarbque

Postby Guitarbque » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:18 pm

Ronni wrote:I thought we had a few guys in the past that would post every little thing they tracked..

Now that we have an area to show some stuff.. Not many are jumping in. :roll:

Hello all- I was going to post some tracks w/ the small Fry but, it won't let me. (They are mp3 files). What format will work for up-loading tracks?
Thank You.
Guitarbque

Postby Ronni » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:05 pm

Dave may have that turned off.. You need to upload somewhere else to host... Then put the link up for it.
You could sign up free at Sound Cloud to host your files... Seems to be a pretty cool place to use.
G&L Legacy Special, PRS SE soapbar II, beefed up PV Classic50 4X10, Barber pedals, Budda Wah , Line6 green/blue F/X.
Then a bunch of studio stuff.
Tunes: http://www.bigbangaudio.com//MP3/johnnylaw_tunes/JL_covers.html

http://www.barberelectronics.com

http://www.myspace.com/bigbangstudios
Ronni

Postby Guitarbque » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:18 pm

Ronni wrote:Dave may have that turned off.. You need to upload somewhere else to host... Then put the link up for it.
You could sign up free at Sound Cloud to host your files... Seems to be a pretty cool place to use.

Thanks Ronni- :ugeek:
Guitarbque

Previous

Return to Sounds of Barber