Really Quiet Power Supply

Discuss internal affairs of pedals, guitars, amps and components etc...
Not focused on DIY.

Re: Really Quiet Power Supply

Postby Stringmaster » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:33 am

One more data point: I plugged the Tone Press into a battery powered amp, and as soon as I plug in the AC adapter I get the hum. That pretty much eliminates the possibility of a ground loop, and I think all I need to take for testing is the pedal and adapter.

Yes, it is going straight into a guitar amp.

I'll report back after I test it with a different supply.
56 Fender Stringmaster Triple 8 and Deluxe 8, 61 English Electronics Tonemaster, 2006 Cruztone
Fox 5D6B, Barber Tone Press, Hermida Zendrive, Hardwire RV-7 & Dl-8, Goodrich H10K, Boss PW-10
Stringmaster

Re: Really Quiet Power Supply

Postby Stringmaster » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm

I hooked it up to a Pedal Power 2+, and the hum is gone. A couple of times the Tone Press didn't want to work with the PP2+; after a few moments it shut off (with a slight pop) and the output was dead unless bypassed. This may have been related to plugging in an external supply while the pedal was on, but I'm not sure and haven't been able to repeat the problem. If I get something repeatable I'll post it in the correct forum.

Thanks to all for the help,
Lynn
56 Fender Stringmaster Triple 8 and Deluxe 8, 61 English Electronics Tonemaster, 2006 Cruztone
Fox 5D6B, Barber Tone Press, Hermida Zendrive, Hardwire RV-7 & Dl-8, Goodrich H10K, Boss PW-10
Stringmaster

Previous

Return to Nuts and Bolts