Dirty Bomb Mod

Discuss internal affairs of pedals, guitars, amps and components etc...
Not focused on DIY.

Dirty Bomb Mod

Postby whojamfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:47 pm

I am going over to Europe next week to play for 3 weeks. The 2 amp choices I have are Fender Twin Blackface Reissue and a Roland JC-120. Ok, so really I have 1 amp choice :lol:

I want to use my Dirty Bomb, but am concerned that there will be to much high end fizz. I have seen online about a mod that tames this with Fender type or "vintage" amps. I don't know much more than this, but I think it was just a cap on the volume pot or something. Anyways, would love to have this not be a problem when I get there, as I love the sound of this pedal!

Any help or advice I can get on this would be greatly appreciated :D
"WE MAKE NOISE, IT'S OUR CHOICE IT'S WHAT WE WANNA DO"

Electric Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gretsch 6118 Tenessee Rose Chet Atkins, Rickenbacker 360/12 FGVP, Fender Standard Stratocaster
Amps: 1975 Hiwatt DR504 half stack, Vox AC30, Vox AC15
Pedals: B-Custom SS Overdrive, Dirtybomb, EP-Pre Boost, MXR Carbon Copy, Janglebox
whojamfan

Re: Dirty Bomb Mod

Postby David Barber » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:30 pm

whojamfan wrote:I am going over to Europe next week to play for 3 weeks. The 2 amp choices I have are Fender Twin Blackface Reissue and a Roland JC-120. Ok, so really I have 1 amp choice :lol:

I want to use my Dirty Bomb, but am concerned that there will be to much high end fizz. I have seen online about a mod that tames this with Fender type or "vintage" amps. I don't know much more than this, but I think it was just a cap on the volume pot or something. Anyways, would love to have this not be a problem when I get there, as I love the sound of this pedal!

Any help or advice I can get on this would be greatly appreciated :D

If you leave the bright switch set to "off" on the twin, you should be fine.
PRS SE One, PRS SE EG, PRS McCarty rosewood neck, Anderson Hollow T, Anderson Hollow Classic, Hamer Artist, Fender Strats and Teles, All Barber Pedals, Barber Echelon, Barber Energy cab.
http://www.barberelectronics.com/sounds.html
http://www.barberelectronics.com/pickuptest.htm
http://www.barberelectronics.com
David Barber

Postby whojamfan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Naw, that's too simple, no flux capacitor recallibration required? :lol:
Thanks.

Electric Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Custom, Gretsch 6118 Tenessee Rose Chet Atkins, Rickenbacker 360/12 FGVP, Fender Standard Stratocaster
Pedals: B-Custom SS Overdrive, Dirtybomb, EP-Pre Boost, MXR Carbon Copy, Janglebox
whojamfan

Postby hobbyist789 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:26 pm

I believe the mod you're referring to is removing the 'bright capacitor' from the circuit, but this is only necessary on blackface amps that do not have a switch to turn the "bright" off (like the Deluxe Reverb). If it's a Twin Reverb--which does have the switch--then just keep the switch set to the OFF position, as David says.
Have or have owned:
B-buff|Launch Pad|Tone Press|Compact Tone Press|LTD|LTD-SR|Gain Changer|Gain Changer SR|DD-LG Mod PCB|Small Fry|unLimiTeD|Direct Drive|Compact Direct Drive|Super Sport|B.U.S.S.|Dirty Bomb|Trifecta|Exacta
hobbyist789

Postby whojamfan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:01 am

Just thought I'd update, the Dirty Bomb killed it. Great sound night after night. :D

whojamfan

Return to Nuts and Bolts