Got a bigger cab for my Blues Jr III

Discuss internal affairs of pedals, guitars, amps and components etc...
Not focused on DIY.

Got a bigger cab for my Blues Jr III

Postby J.LaGrassa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:19 am

got my cab from Carls Custom Guitars a few of weeks ago its a descent cab for $155 its a Solid Pine Hot Rod Deluxe sized cab but cut out for a Blues Junior the Speaker baffle is Birch with a Oxblood cover also comes with a vintage styled leather handle. It comes finished with just a light stain but I wanted to dress it up a little more.
I removed all the hardware and speaker baffle I've got 2 coats of Minwax Tung Oil on it now and probably add 2 more coats so far I think it looks real nice, I think the new cab will help give the amp a little more feel and low end as well. The amp its self already has a couple of mods and a upgraded output transformer!

Here are a couple of pics of Junior getting oiled

The larger cab definitely gets rid of the boxiness of the smaller stock cab! Just installed a MOD 17" 2 spring Reverb tank with a medium decay it sounds better than the stock 8" tank its a bit warmer as well!
Last edited by J.LaGrassa on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Barber Gain Changer - Barber Compact Direct Drive - Boss DD3 Delay - Clean Boost
J.LaGrassa

Re: Got a bigger cab for my Blues Jr III

Postby plan-x » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Nice upgrade! :mrgreen:
Plan-x
http://www.myspace.com/wichmanbrewster

Gain-Changer Tone Press (w/B-Buff) I Have had most Barbers
Timmy, Zendrive (Chorus, delay & wah....the usual stuff)
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12 combo / Traynor YCV-40 head conv / Cabs 1x12's, Detuned 2x12's (Stereo rig)

Parker Fly deluxe S2 (HSS), Nitefly P (HH)
plan-x

Return to Nuts and Bolts