LTD Mid Frequencies etc...

Discuss internal affairs of pedals, guitars, amps and components etc...
Not focused on DIY.

LTD Mid Frequencies etc...

Postby southpaw pete » Sun May 22, 2011 11:25 pm

I had been using a Boss EQ pedal, with a little boost around the lower mids, which added some nice flavor to my tone. But then I realized that I don't need it on when I have my LTD engaged. The LTD adds just enough mids, with a beautiful overall tone and clarity to the notes. It adds such a nice touch, I've been thinking I could even keep one LTD on the board with the gain down, just to tailor my overall eq.

Which got me thinking, where frequency-wise is that little mid thickening happening on the LTD?
Actually, it would be cool to know the freqs that are boosted with the bass and presence as well.
Cheers!
Pedalboard: Visual Sound Liquid Chorus > Barber Half Gainer or Barber LTD > Barber Direct Drive > Fulltone Supa Trem > Sansamp Liverpool > Boss DD7 + tap > Boss RV5 > Boss TU2 >
Primary Guitars: Godin Exit 22, Guild JF30
southpaw pete

Re: LTD Mid Frequencies etc...

Postby David Barber » Mon May 23, 2011 9:57 pm

southpaw pete wrote:I had been using a Boss EQ pedal, with a little boost around the lower mids, which added some nice flavor to my tone. But then I realized that I don't need it on when I have my LTD engaged. The LTD adds just enough mids, with a beautiful overall tone and clarity to the notes. It adds such a nice touch, I've been thinking I could even keep one LTD on the board with the gain down, just to tailor my overall eq.

Which got me thinking, where frequency-wise is that little mid thickening happening on the LTD?
Actually, it would be cool to know the freqs that are boosted with the bass and presence as well.
Cheers!

I'll work on getting some specs for the different pedals we make this summer, I should be able to get the controls a little better detailed for the freq-freaks out there. :D
PRS SE One, PRS SE EG, PRS McCarty rosewood neck, Anderson Hollow T, Anderson Hollow Classic, Hamer Artist, Fender Strats and Teles, All Barber Pedals, Barber Echelon, Barber Energy cab.
http://www.barberelectronics.com/sounds.html
http://www.barberelectronics.com/pickuptest.htm
http://www.barberelectronics.com
David Barber

Postby southpaw pete » Mon May 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Excellent - Thanks David!
Pedalboard: Visual Sound Liquid Chorus > Barber Half Gainer or Barber LTD > Barber Direct Drive > Fulltone Supa Trem > Sansamp Liverpool > Boss DD7 + tap > Boss RV5 > Boss TU2 >
Primary Guitars: Godin Exit 22, Guild JF30
southpaw pete

Postby bigal » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Dave, I'm sure you guys are super-busy, but did you ever get around to specing the freq on the controls of the different pedals? I'm curious about this too.
Tone Press, Gain Changer, Barb EQ[/color], VFE Alpha Dog
(MXR Chorus, Boss Tremolo, TC Flashback)
Guitars: American Standard Telecaster (Dimarzio Area T Hot/Area T Neck), Richmond Belmont, Godin LG Signature, PRS SE Soapbar II
Amps: Rivera Quiana (Weber Legacy); Clark Beaufort Spec. (Mojotone BV30H); Traynor Darkhorse (Eminence Ragin' Cajun)
bigal

Postby J.LaGrassa » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:10 pm

David Barber wrote:
southpaw pete wrote:I had been using a Boss EQ pedal, with a little boost around the lower mids, which added some nice flavor to my tone. But then I realized that I don't need it on when I have my LTD engaged. The LTD adds just enough mids, with a beautiful overall tone and clarity to the notes. It adds such a nice touch, I've been thinking I could even keep one LTD on the board with the gain down, just to tailor my overall eq.

Cheers!

I'll work on getting some specs for the different pedals we make this summer, I should be able to get the controls a little better detailed for the freq-freaks out there. :D

I would be curious to read those specs as well Dave, I always love to know everything there is about the pedals I use!
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - Barber Gain Changer - Barber Compact Direct Drive - Boss DD3 Delay - Clean Boost
J.LaGrassa

Return to Nuts and Bolts