Dual Discrete Stock Settings. Help Ronni!

Discuss Custom Shop devices

Dual Discrete Stock Settings. Help Ronni!

Postby skeets1640 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:25 am

I recently picked up a Barber Dual Discrete (LTD & DD) off of another musician. I have a few quick questions that you can hopefully help me with. The LTD side has 3 trim pots Bass, Mid, Presence and the DD side has five Bass, Mids, Presence, Note Shape, and Harmonics. Could you please tell me what would be the stock settings for these trim pots so I can start off with the trim pots in the stock positions before I make any adjustments. Thank you for your time it is very much appreciated and i am really looking forward to giving the Dual Discrete a whirl with my rig. Cheers!
Guitars: Strat (pearly gates humbucker in bridge and Fender 57/62's in middle and neck)
51' Nocaster Stock
Amp: Fender 74' Princeton non Reverb
skeets1640

Re: Dual Discrete Stock Settings. Help Ronni!

Postby MullyFX » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:45 am

I wonder what it is with these trimpots.....

I never seen a topic where someone asked about the stock setting of the gain or volume knob (or any knob on the outside of the pedal).

as far as I can tell there are two kinds of trim pots:

the ones in delays and choruses (some of which need to be set with the help of a scope or other measuring device) - they are trim pots because you usually don't need or want to fiddle with them - they are there so the technician can set things right in the circuit (my guess is due to tolerances or value shifts - if there wouldn't be tolerances or value shifts you could simply put in a fix'd value component instead of a trim pot)

and others like in the barber pedals which are there to save space..... you can set them wherever it sounds best in YOUR rig.

I might be wrong though, you never know
Guitar: Gibson The Paul, Taranaki Proto #2
Pickups: David Barfuss P33F
Barber Pedals: Trifecta, RedTonePress, BarbEQ
Other Pedals: TS808HW
Amp: Emery Sound Microbaby
Music: http://fallowdeerfawn.bandcamp.com/
MullyFX

Postby rrwelden » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:09 pm

Ohhhhhhh.....I have a similar question? I'll post a pic! I have a DDLG/DDSS Dual Discrete. What are the trim pots on the upper board!!! They are not labeled!!
Guitars: Fender Strat w/fralin blues specials, Mcinturff Glory Custom w/Klein 58 HB's
Amps: Two Rock Custom 50, Fuchs ODS 30, Fender 68 Silverface Bassman, Fender Prosonic
EFX: Barber 1/2 gainer, Barber unLTD, Barber Burn Unit EQ, ARC effects Klone, G2D Creamtone, Mojohand FX Rook, Lovepedal Eternity, Teese RMC-8 Wah, Ernie Ball Volume, Boss Tu-2, Fulltone Supra-trem, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, Eventide Timefactor.
rrwelden

Postby rrwelden » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:14 pm

What are the upper trim pots?
Guitars: Fender Strat w/fralin blues specials, Mcinturff Glory Custom w/Klein 58 HB's
Amps: Two Rock Custom 50, Fuchs ODS 30, Fender 68 Silverface Bassman, Fender Prosonic
EFX: Barber 1/2 gainer, Barber unLTD, Barber Burn Unit EQ, ARC effects Klone, G2D Creamtone, Mojohand FX Rook, Lovepedal Eternity, Teese RMC-8 Wah, Ernie Ball Volume, Boss Tu-2, Fulltone Supra-trem, Fulltone Ultimate Octave, Eventide Timefactor.
rrwelden

Postby rrwelden » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:20 pm

I also wouldn't mind knowing the stock settings for the DDSS! Thanks a bunch you guys. I like to know the stock settings, because I like to hear how the builder voices the pedal how he intends it to be! Thanks guys, you Rock!

Ryan
rrwelden

Return to B-Custom