NEW Barber Gain-Changer!

Discuss standard production effect pedals

NEW Barber Gain-Changer!

Postby David Barber » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:56 am

Clear a small space on your pedalboard for the NEW Barber Gain-Changer

Clocking in at only 2.3” wide, the NEW Barber Gain-Changer harnesses a vast spectrum of EQ and gain. Flick the toggle one way and you have sweet very low-gain overdrive, flick it the other way and you get wildly charged harmonic content of our much praised unlimited distortion. Pop over to the other toggle switch and you can volley between the flat sweet-EQ of the LTD SR or the vintage snarling-fat-EQ of our classic LTD v2. Combine all these different options together and you have a super-versatile harmonic beast. Our goal was to shrink the size and retain all the ultra-high quality electronics and build that we are world famous for. Â In the end, it’s almost impossible to miss the target if you are shopping for a new overdrive for your rig, “it’s like shooting fish in a barrel Jethro.”

The Gain-Changer has real honest solder lugs for jacks, footswitch, toggles and pots. There are no worries about PCB mounted thru-panel parts that can’t be serviced on the road, or that lead to high cost repairs. Nothing but the best tried and true hand-built methods adorn the interior of the Barber Electronics Gain-Changer. The Gain-Changer has a generous 2 1/2” of clearance between the front edge of the footswitch and the back edge of the knobs, no more worries about changing your settings with each click of your switch. Many compact pedals give you less than 1 1/2 “, that’s not enough, unless you’re a thumb stomper!

The picture above is one of our prototypes, in a few short weeks you will be able to buy a hand built Barber Gain-Changer for your-self, and enter a world of vast overdriven possibilities.

Estimated list $129.95 (price not finalized)

current draw 12ma 9-18 VDC negative tip. (power adaptor not included)
PRS SE One, PRS SE EG, PRS McCarty rosewood neck, Anderson Hollow T, Anderson Hollow Classic, Hamer Artist, Fender Strats and Teles, All Barber Pedals, Barber Echelon, Barber Energy cab.
http://www.barberelectronics.com/sounds.html
http://www.barberelectronics.com/pickuptest.htm
http://www.barberelectronics.com
David Barber

Re: NEW Barber Gain-Changer!

Postby hobbyist789 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:35 am

Well done, Mr. Barber! So, 2 × 2-way switches = 4 different sounds.. and I'm kinda thinking from your description that those four are pretty much the LTD, LTD-SR, DD, and unLTD territories. DAAAYUM!

So, just because it's a Barber pedal, I have to ask: will it have the usual trim-pots (Bass & Presence) that most of your stuff has? And, middle knob = Tone/balance (centered at noon)?
hobbyist789

Postby ringmod » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:42 am

Well done David, I can't wait to try/own it!
ringmod

Postby jpleong » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 am

Looks fantastic!!! And I love that you had the photo taken from the top to show (and not need to mention) the moved power jack.

I'm curious about what you think will happen with the color/style? I love that my Burn Unit EQ is understated and professional looking, but it does look a tad drab. Hope the Gain-Changer gets a vibrant look.

JP
Parker Nitefly Mojo w/ Jazz and JB
Parker PDF105 w/ 59n/CCb
Visual Volume -> POG2 -> BUEQ -> Liverpool Dlx -> Alter Ego v2
Visual Volume -> Monarch -> DD/DC -> Ethos OD -> Adrenalinn
Aura Spectrum EQ
[Bass]
MM USA SUB -> MB Compressore -> MB Super Booster
jpleong

Postby hobbyist789 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:54 pm

jpleong wrote:Hope the Gain-Changer gets a vibrant look.

Oh, and lemme pick the knob colors! Just kidding. No, I'm not.
Have or have owned:
B-buff|Launch Pad|Tone Press|Compact Tone Press|LTD|LTD-SR|Gain Changer|Gain Changer SR|DD-LG Mod PCB|Small Fry|unLimiTeD|Direct Drive|Compact Direct Drive|Super Sport|B.U.S.S.|Dirty Bomb|Trifecta|Exacta
hobbyist789

Postby beauzooka » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:08 pm

Awesome! :D
Guitars: Reverend Club King RT, Reverend Slingshot Custom
Effects: Fulltone OCD V4, Barber Trifecta, El Capistan, AM Prince of Tone
Amp: Fender Bandmaster BF, Reverend Kingsnake
Cab: Homemade 2x12, Cannabis Rex, G12H 70th Anniv.
beauzooka

Postby JenisonShorty » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 pm

beauzooka wrote:Awesome! :D

Agreed.
JenisonShorty

Postby bigal » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:34 pm

sweet!
Tone Press, Gain Changer, Barb EQ[/color], VFE Alpha Dog
(MXR Chorus, Boss Tremolo, TC Flashback)
Guitars: American Standard Telecaster (Dimarzio Area T Hot/Area T Neck), Richmond Belmont, Godin LG Signature, PRS SE Soapbar II
Amps: Rivera Quiana (Weber Legacy); Clark Beaufort Spec. (Mojotone BV30H); Traynor Darkhorse (Eminence Ragin' Cajun)
bigal

Postby Ronni » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm thinking Purple with green strips and yellow text.. :lol:
G&L Legacy Special, PRS SE soapbar II, beefed up PV Classic50 4X10, Barber pedals, Budda Wah , Line6 green/blue F/X.
Then a bunch of studio stuff.
Tunes: http://www.bigbangaudio.com//MP3/johnnylaw_tunes/JL_covers.html

http://www.barberelectronics.com

http://www.myspace.com/bigbangstudios
Ronni

Postby uscgamcks » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 pm

I don't give a damn what color/lettering it is! When can we get on the "gotta have list?"
Tele>dunlap wah>TP>DDLG>LTD Silver>LTD SR>DDSS>Boss Eq>MXR Phase>DD-7>Fender Blues Jr III
uscgamcks

Next

Return to Barber pedals