radio chaos

Discuss standard production effect pedals

radio chaos

Postby ochaye » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:39 am

hi folks
i have 10 of the so called boteek ODs....the usual suspects,Zen,Mos,OCD,Tim..... and three of the lovely Barber pedals,LTD,DD and the BU,the Barber gear may very well be my favourite of the bunch.

my problem is the BU....it keeps picking up radio signals at home (i have yet to try the pedal at a different location )
sometimes it's music and other times it sounds like short wave taxi office chat..."Agnes,yeh didnae by any chance see eastenders last night,did yeh?...ah had tae run oot an' git ma hair done fur the wedding......."

thing is Dave, none of the other pedals act in this way......would this signify a fault with the pedal and will you be sending me a bill for the added radio feature?
:) ochaye......the noo
gibson les paul std (2) gibson les paul special fender USA tele Barber BU DD LTD and 1/2 gainer Zen Mos OCD crunchbox Cot50 Tim OD808 GT500 plexidrive Copperhead DLS.
6band Mxr EQ 10 band Mxr EQ Mxr CC delay (2) Boss DD20 Nova NR1,wet stereo and Verbzilla.
Voodoo Lab pedal power 2 plus
mesa boogie F100 head 2x12 3/4 back cab and 15 watt Marshall combo and laney vc15...far, far too much stuff
ochaye

Re: radio chaos

Postby David Barber » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:50 pm

ochaye wrote:hi folks
i have 10 of the so called boteek ODs....the usual suspects,Zen,Mos,OCD,Tim..... and three of the lovely Barber pedals,LTD,DD and the BU,the Barber gear may very well be my favourite of the bunch.

my problem is the BU....it keeps picking up radio signals at home (i have yet to try the pedal at a different location )
sometimes it's music and other times it sounds like short wave taxi office chat..."Agnes,yeh didnae by any chance see eastenders last night,did yeh?...ah had tae run oot an' git ma hair done fur the wedding......."

thing is Dave, none of the other pedals act in this way......would this signify a fault with the pedal and will you be sending me a bill for the added radio feature?
:) ochaye......the noo

All radios need an antenna, in the case of overdrive or compression pedals, the input cables are usually the antenna. Have you tried swapping out all cables (from bu to guitar) on the input side of the Burn Unit?
PRS SE One, PRS SE EG, PRS McCarty rosewood neck, Anderson Hollow T, Anderson Hollow Classic, Hamer Artist, Fender Strats and Teles, All Barber Pedals, Barber Echelon, Barber Energy cab.
http://www.barberelectronics.com/sounds.html
http://www.barberelectronics.com/pickuptest.htm
http://www.barberelectronics.com
David Barber

Postby ochaye » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:12 pm

thanks Dave

the BU is 1st in line after my guitar so i will try a change of cable to the pedal tonight

up to now i have been using a basic Ernie Ball 10 foot cable......i have a Planet Waves cable with shielding i will try

thanks again
john
gibson les paul std (2) gibson les paul special fender USA tele Barber BU DD LTD and 1/2 gainer Zen Mos OCD crunchbox Cot50 Tim OD808 GT500 plexidrive Copperhead DLS.
6band Mxr EQ 10 band Mxr EQ Mxr CC delay (2) Boss DD20 Nova NR1,wet stereo and Verbzilla.
mesa boogie F100 head 2x12 3/4 back cab and 15 watt Marshall combo and laney vc15...far, far too much stuff
ochaye

Postby ochaye » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:06 pm

BINGO! cheers Dave.....another happy customer. :D
ochaye

Postby uscgamcks » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 pm

Yeah, but now you have to buy a radio! ;)
Tele>dunlap wah>TP>DDLG>LTD Silver>LTD SR>DDSS>Boss Eq>MXR Phase>DD-7>Fender Blues Jr III
uscgamcks

Return to Barber pedals