Dirty Bomb!

Discuss standard production effect pedals

Dirty Bomb!

Postby RussB » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:15 am

Just got my Dirty Bomb a few days ago. This thing is a monster! There are a lot of useable tones in this box...

OPA4228

TLO84 (older chip, but you might like)

OPA4134 (if you can find a DIP)

LT1359 ($$$$!)

So, who's tried some different op-amps? The only one I can at Mouser is the OPA4228

Snow White Auto Wah > Tone Press > Octron > CC Hybrid > Aqua-Vibe > B-Buff > Dirty Bomb > Timmy v2 > Turbo Tuner > Carbon Copy > Quantum Leap > Flint - - -18 Watt TMB - - - JCM 800 - - - Single Recto
RussB

Re: Dirty Bomb!

Postby thirstypirate » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:30 am

I love being able to dial in enough bass without compromising all the harmonics to make it sound right with my Mesa. Great pedal.
LTD SR, Tone Press, Tri-Fecta v1, Dirty Bomb

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar Classic 2x12, Warren Haynes Les Paul (R8) with CAE preamp and Burstbucker 1 & 2, Amer Dlx Strat w. SCN's
thirstypirate

Postby stratoholic » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Man, I'm really looking to get the Dirty Bomb - I have a feeling it's going to blow the doors off my Zoom Driver 5000! :D
stratoholic

Postby Agreed » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 am

I just got mine in and I am blown away. I'll be posting clips later today. I have paid much more for pedals with significantly less responsiveness, dynamic range, and ability to go from full, bluesy crunch to searing, brutal distortion - with just the guitar's volume knob.

A definite winner.
Agreed

Postby David Barber » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm glad to hear people are digging the Dirty Bomb, I loved designing that pedal, we needed something with serious high gain and cabinet thumping lows. :)
PRS SE One, PRS SE EG, PRS McCarty rosewood neck, Anderson Hollow T, Anderson Hollow Classic, Hamer Artist, Fender Strats and Teles, All Barber Pedals, Barber Echelon, Barber Energy cab.
http://www.barberelectronics.com/sounds.html
http://www.barberelectronics.com/pickuptest.htm
http://www.barberelectronics.com
David Barber

Postby guitarlos00 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:27 pm

I have been using the dirty bomb (db) and it's hot! I've used it with my fender hotrod deluxe and my peavey jsx head and cab. I don't play heavy stuff but i needed something thick and with a good tone. I didn't know about barber pedals until recently. I saw the db on youtube and it sounded good and i got it. I am not using my Ibanez ts-9 or my sparkle drive anymore. I am not a pro and I play at a large church and in a latin-funk band. I'll report as I go along. I have these settings. volume at 12 treble at 10 bass at 1 and gain at 9. I am using a Behringer PB-1000 and it's a great pedal broad for $85 plus shipping. These are my pedals and in this order: boss tuner, boss wah, eh micro bog, dirty bomb, fulltone ocd, boss 7eq, boss digital dimension, volume pedal, dunlop delay and then a boss dd-3 then to the amp. It sounded great last night. I still need to find the right spot on the dirty bomb. But it sounded awesome last night at church.
Thanks
guitarlos00

Postby Mercyfulfate » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:54 pm

have these Dirty Bomb pedals always been built the same with the same components? or has there been variations? same JRC chip etc etc? :ugeek:
Mercyfulfate

Postby RussB » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:21 pm

Mercyfulfate wrote:have these Dirty Bomb pedals always been built the same with the same components? or has there been variations? same JRC chip etc etc? :ugeek:

the db is new pedal. it's only been on the market a few months

Snow White Auto Wah > Tone Press > Octron > CC Hybrid > Aqua-Vibe > B-Buff > Dirty Bomb > Timmy v2 > Turbo Tuner > Carbon Copy > Quantum Leap > Flint - - -18 Watt TMB - - - JCM 800 - - - Single Recto
RussB

Postby Mercyfulfate » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:27 pm

cool,thanks!
Mercyfulfate

Postby guitarlos00 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:39 pm

You guys do such clean work! My hands are so shaky that when I solder or put in a screw, it takes hours and it looks bad..;)

Thanks for your commitment and work!
guitarlos00

Next

Return to Barber pedals